Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Lady in Red

Good evening my fellow ladies!

When I was dressing yesterday morning I discovered a new way to see what I own in my closet...let me rant for a moment : ) I have a double door closet that yearns and dreams of being a California Closet. It is stuffed to the gills with end of summer/early fall clothes and then I have the attic for winter clothes, dresses and pieces I do not wear all the time and do not let me fail to mention the shoes and purses stuffed in various locations throughout my bedroom....Phew! Ok, so here is the new trick to getting dressed. Lay on the floor of your closet and look up at your clothes...WAIT before you tell me I am silly, it totally works!

I get "wardrobe block" .... sometimes it all looks the same or I just feel like I have worn it a thousand times, and I KNOW you KNOW what I mean. So, as a lady trying to save money and live on a budget I decided to fall in love with my clothes again, but I needed a different viewpoint and approach. Voila! Laying on the floor and looking up, now I have a new perspective and I can see what I own and start piecing items together, and if I may brag, the last two days my outfits have been really cute : ) I put items together that I normally would not have and the outfits were simple, chic and totally casual lady-like, perfect for work and after work activities.

Monday:
Black Kitten Heels
Gray A-Line Skirt
Black Belt with a funky silver belt buckle
Black Shell with a Bow at the neck
Black Cardigan tossed over my shoulders
Silver Studs
Watch
Silver Bangles

Tuesday:
Brown Suede Mules
Raspberry A-Line Cord Skirt
Tan Shell
Tan Sweater with Ruffles down the front
Diamond Studs
Watch
Gold Necklace with a "T" Charm

I love clothes but I feel like I look at the items as a uniform and do not explore mixing patterns, textures, colors or dressy with casual. Well the past two days I have broken out of my mold for dressing.

Another little tip, look at magazines and clip out pictures of outfits you like and post them in a look book or in your closet for inspiration, I bet you have all the staples and can make a similar outfit like one that you like in the fashion magazine.

Now I open the blogging world up to you to give us an outfit idea or items that you put together that look great....us ladies can always use another ladies advice!

Happy dressing!!!
Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment